Get Connected with a Master’s Degree in Social Media
The Internet and social media have forever changed our world. Today we are more connected than ever before. Social media tools have redefined the ways in which we communicate, work, receive news, find information, go shopping, and access entertainment. Social media have even altered the worldwide lexicon, changing both the way we speak, the words we use, and how we write. Its personal and professional impact is global − and here to stay.
An Innovative Degree for the Future of Communications
To teach today’s professionals how they can employ social media, the University of Florida has developed the first-of-its-kind online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a specialization in Social Media. Specifically focused on addressing the growing pervasiveness of social media throughout our global society, it’s an advanced degree that examines the impact of social media and explains how it can be used to influence the future of communication, marketing, journalism, politics, entertainment, public relations, and more.
A world leader in academic excellence, the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications has established a modern and forward-thinking degree for the next generation of communicators. This engaging online master’s degree in Social Media brings students up-to-speed with the advanced uses, communication techniques, business opportunities, and trends from the growing realm of social media.
Throughout your coursework in the Master’s in Social Media online program, you will:
- Uncover creative ways to implement social media in a variety of professional settings.
- Explore the uses of social media in advertising, marketing, journalism, branding, and public relations.
- Learn to track, collect, analyze, and utilize a diverse range of social media metrics and data.
- Examine ways to employ social media to connect and communicate globally.
- Discover how social media developed and found its place in our global society.
- Focus on the future of social media and assess what lies ahead for this digital medium.
- Use the power of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, Vimeo, and other social networks in your current or future career.
Why Social Media at the University of Florida?
It’s important for higher education to stay relevant and be up-to-date with cultural change, new technologies, and innovation. At UF we have made it our mission to provide students with advanced degree options that are innovative, academically robust, professionally relevant, and forward thinking. By earning a master’s degree in Social Media online from UF, students have the opportunity to stay active in their current profession while building the future-focused tools, techniques, and practical knowledge to take advantage of new opportunities, add value to their current position, and expand their professional reach.
- Innovative Curriculum: A modern curriculum focused on the information and techniques you can use to revitalize your career and create new opportunities – learn to adapt, craft, and deliver customized social media content.
- Engaging Opportunity: As the first of its kind, a degree in social media can help you stay ahead of the curve while helping you establish yourself as an innovator and asset to your company.
- Modern Education: Learning online at UF means participating in an academically thorough, highly interactive learning experience that includes direct networking and contact with our industry-experienced faculty.
- Flexible Approach: In as little as 18 months you can earn a master’s degree from a leader in higher education while continuing your personal and professional pursuits.
- Immediate Applicability: What you learn during the UF Master’s in Social Media program can be directly implemented in your current professional or creative endeavors.
A Leader in Higher Education
As Florida’s oldest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning, the University of Florida is one of only 17 public, land-grant universities that belong to the Association of American Universities. The University of Florida is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School (SACS). The College of Journalism and Communications is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
What Are You Waiting For?
Social media presents our world with growing business and professional opportunities. Actively harnessing the power to connect and communicate with the global community through social media outlets can help you stay ahead of the curve. Learn how you can start learning new skills for a 21st century media career.